- 17 years old
- A Category 1 or 3 medical certificate delivered by a Civil Aviation Medical
- Fly for fun! in a Canadian registered aircraft,
- Fly anywhere in the world, with passengers!
- Add any possible ratings to your licence…
To expand your horizon and improve your skills, you can add many ratings on your PPL: For example a float plane rating, a night rating or even an instrument rating if you want to travel further away in poor weather conditions.
If you want to double the fun, a multi engine rating is also possible on a PPL!
With your PPL discover endless opportunities to enjoy the fun of flying!
40h PPL ground school (self-study or/and classroom)
Flight training time
- 45 hours total time including:
– 12 hours solo (including 5 hours of cross country)
– 17 hours dual (including 3 hours of dual cross country and 5 hours of instrument)
- Written test (60% pass mark)
- Flight test
Those requirements are the minimums set by transport Canada to pass the flight test. Based on our observations, most students need around 50-60 hours total time to be ready.
AFTER THE TRAINING
- Maintain your competency with private/rental flight
- Your PPL is the first step toward a Commercial Pilot License
- Add a float rating, night rating, multi-engine rating, instrument flight rules rating
COST & DURATION OF TRAINING
Training is at student’s pace and convenience.
The course can take 8-12 weeks full time, 6 months part time (at least 2 lessons per week is recommended)
The following estimate is based on Transport Canada minimums. The prices in Canadian Dollars may change anytime without notice.
|Simulator – dual||3||110||330|
|Total before taxes
|Total including taxes||10,242|
|Flight test examiner fee||450|
|Written test fee||105|
|Student permit/Radio license fee||60|
|English Proficiency test||60|
|TC licensing fee||55|
Duration and cost of the training may vary depending on each student availability, on the amount of self-study provided and also on the weather conditions.
On average a Private Pilot License costs around $12,000.